What is an Ambassador?
An Ambassador is a representative of the Chamber, a front-line volunteer.
Who can serve as an Ambassador?
Any current Member in good standing may apply to be an Ambassador.
When do the Ambassadors meet?
The Ambassadors meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 8:00am at the Chamber office. Ambassadors also attend ribbon cuttings, Chamber coffees, Membership luncheons, Mixers, special events, and other Chamber functions during the year.
Why serve as an Ambassador?
Serving as an Ambassador allows you to become more involved with the community. This will provide enhanced visibility of your business and increased networking opportunities.
The responsibilities of an Ambassador include participation in a variety of activities, such as:
- Promotion of the value of Chamber Membership within the community.
- Attendance at Chamber functions including: ribbon cuttings, Chamber coffees, Membership luncheons, Mixers, special events, and other Chamber functions during the year.
- Provide support at Chamber functions overseeing check-in, raffle, beverage table, assisting guests, and helping wherever needed.
- Serve as a source of information on Chamber programs, services, and events.
- Assist the Chamber with community errands, including: picking up raffle items and delivering plaques to new Members.
Events & Meetings
There are a variety of networking, fundraising, and general Chamber of Commerce events that Ambassadors are encouraged to attend throughout the year:
- Ribbon cuttings are scheduled at varying times to best accommodate the Member business.
- Networking events (Coffees, Luncheons, and Mixers) are held at Chamber Member businesses and typically begin at 7:00am, 11:45am, and 4:30pm.
Serving as an Ambassador provides you with a greater level of visibility as part of your Chamber Membership. Attending events as an Ambassador will help you connect with community leaders, business owners, elected officials, and the public at-large. Recognition also includes:
- Listing on the Ambassador page of the Chamber's website.
- Official Chamber name badge.
If you are interested in serving as an Ambassador for the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce, please click here for the application form.
- Katherine Winans (Individual Member), Chair
- Audrey Wilson (Nevada State Bank), Vice Chair
- David Aymami (Knights of Columbus)
- Dave Brady (Brady & Associates)
- Robert Conner (AFLAC)
- Gary Dove (Kiwanis Club of Carson Valley)
- Courtney Kemp (Fromarc Insurance Agency, Inc.)
- Karen Lowry (Family Support Council of Douglas County)
- Debbie Posnien (Suicide Prevention Network)
- Kathi Rittenhouse (Individual Member)
- Heidi Saucedo (Carson Valley Medical Center)
- Kathy Solis (Washoe Tribe of Nevada and California)
- Ted Thran (Ted Thran, CPA)
- Mysta Townsell-Tucker (Baker Hughes)